What is sublimation?
The scientific definition of sublimation is a change directly from the solid to the gaseous state without becoming liquid. Interestedly enough, this chemical change is a way to customize goods. These are the steps of how sublimation works to decorate things like t-shirts, mugs and more.
What is the process?
- An image is printed with special sublimation inks, through a sublimation printer, on sublimation paper (All purposely designed for this process.)
- The ink dries and you now have an image that is ready to transfer.
- Place the paper over the substrate you want to customize.
- Apply heat (usually 380-400 degrees for about a minute.)
- Remove the item from the heat and remove the paper.
- The image will have sublimated from the paper to your substrate.
Is sublimation permanent?
Sublimation is known to last a long time, be scratch resistant and hold up in the wash. The image/photo is infused into the product, so you will not feel where the image/photo is. Mugs are dishwasher safe.
How do I use my own photo?
Contact us with your photo image, and we will create a mockup for you to review. Once approved by you, we will begin to process that product. You can also add text. We will not use any text that is copy-written
What if I receive the product and I do not like it?
Contact us with any issues you may have. This is why we will send you a mockup to review.
Are sublimated products returnable?
No, they are not. Because these products are customized with photos/images/text they are not returnable. If you have an issue with the item, please contact us